Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Never Thought

Today was a day that I thought I would never have to experience, But I did! I took a Little girl to a place she had never been before, you see Shelby has always associated school with church because that is where my sisters and me went, but this year is going to be different! Larue Baptist is not going to have enough students to keep the A Beka Book Program, and that is real sad leaving me no choice to put my little Shelby in the Public school system. I mean don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the public schools I also went there up until the 7th grade and loved it, I am just upset that out church wont support the school 100% and it has been this way for year.
Shelby and Nate are a pair so he will be going to,and the kids are excited and they don't know that we are sad and we will never let them know we are, we are trying to make it exciting for them and they are asking questions like do we get to eat there and do we have to take our LUNCH...... They had to at Larue Baptist, so this is a big thing. They got to meet their Teachers Yesterday as well and we seem to like both of them so this a good start.

So on Thursday August 6 My little Girl Will be attending Hodgenville Elementary school, So Please pray that this will be a good transition for both of them.

2 comments:

The McIntires said...

Wow, that is sad, I didn't realize they weren't going to be able to have the school at the church anymore. We will be thinking about you all as you start this new journey!
I can't believe ya'll start school so early! And I also can't believe ya'll are wearing LONG sleeves!!! Oh my, we would be burning up here in that!! I guess you don't have temps of 104 there!

Mc's said...

My heart is broken....can't even begin to imagine our Christian School not having enough students this year, maybe next year we will....God's always made a way....